Lesson summary for:
The Checks Lab
Students construct plausible scenarios using bank checks to learn how human values and biases influence observation and interpretation.
One class period.
Though there is no real evolution connection, this is a good activity to introduce or reinforce the nature of science.
- Scientific knowledge is open to question and revision as we come up with new ideas and discover new evidence.
- A hallmark of science is exposing ideas to testing.
- Scientists test their ideas using multiple lines of evidence.
- Scientists may explore many different hypotheses to explain their observations.
- Science is a human endeavor.
Comment on this resource
Share how you used this resource in your classroom, suggestions for modifying it, and whether you liked using it.
<< Back to search results