Lesson summary for:
Understanding Geologic Time
To rate this resource, click a star:
A web-based module in which students gain a basic understanding of geologic time, the evidence for events in Earth's history, relative and absolute dating techniques, and the significance of the Geologic Time Scale.
UC Museum of Paleontology
One class period.
Appropriate for 5th grade with some teacher guidance.
- Life has been on Earth for billions of years.
- Fossils provide evidence of past life.
- Scientists base their ideas on evidence from the natural world.
- Scientists study rocks and how and when they were formed.
- Scientists study fossils and how and when they were formed.
Comment on this resource
Share how you used this resource in your classroom, suggestions for modifying it, and whether you liked using it.
<< Back to search results