Lesson summary for:
Candy Dish Selection
To rate this resource, click a star:
Students find that selection occurs in a dish of mixed candies.
- Traits that confer an advantage may persist in the population and are called adaptations.
- Depending on environmental conditions, inherited characteristics may be advantageous, neutral, or detrimental.
- Random factors can affect the survival of individuals and of populations.
- Over time, the proportion of individuals with advantageous characteristics may increase (and the proportion with disadvantageous characteristics may decrease) due to their likelihood of surviving and reproducing.
- There is variation within a population.
Comment on this resource
Share how you used this resource in your classroom, suggestions for modifying it, and whether you liked using it.
<< Back to search results