After your visit, take a short survey
to improve this site. You will be entered in a drawing for a $50 Amazon gift card. Take survey now
Lesson summary for:
Adventures at Dry Creek
To rate this resource, click a star:
In this interactive web-based module students conduct a simulated field study at a fossil dig in Montana.
UC Museum of Paleontology
Three to four class periods.
Correspondence to the Next Generation Science Standards is indicated in parentheses after each relevant concept. See our conceptual framework for details.
- Fossils provide evidence of past life. (LS4.A)
- A hallmark of science is exposing ideas to testing. (P3, P4, P6, P7)
- Scientists test their ideas using multiple lines of evidence.
- Scientific knowledge is open to question and revision as we come up with new ideas and discover new evidence. (P6, NOS3)
- Scientists use multiple lines of evidence to study life over time.
- Scientists use fossils to learn about past life. (LS4.A, ESS1.C)
- Scientists can test ideas about events and processes long past, very distant, and not directly observable.
<< Back to search results