- Olson, Hilary
- Classroom activity
Time: 40-50 minutes
Students manipulate, plot, and interpret data on the occurence of a particular species of foraminifera in the fossil record in order to infer changes in climate during the last 160,000 years.
- [Evidence of evolution: Grades 6-8] Fossils provide evidence of past life. (LS4.A)
- [Nature of science: Grades 6-8] Scientists can test ideas about events and processes long past, very distant, and not directly observable.
- [Studying evolution: Grades 6-8] Scientists use fossils to learn about past life. (LS4.A, ESS1.C)
- Disciplinary Core Idea LS4.A: Evidence of Common Ancestry and Diversity
- Disciplinary Core Idea ESS1.C: The History of Planet Earth