- Janulaw, Sharon
- Classroom activity
Time: 30 minutes each for three sessions
Students learn that there are many forms of living things by going for a walk and by observing living things in the classroom.
- [Evidence of evolution: Grades K-2] Today there are many diverse forms of life. (LS4.D)
- [Nature of science: Grades K-2] We learn about the natural world using our senses and extensions of our senses. (P3, P4, P6)
- [Studying evolution: Grades K-2] Scientists study living things.
- Disciplinary Core Idea LS4.D: Biodiversity and Humans
- NOS Matrix understanding category 3. Scientific knowledge is open to revision in light of new evidence.
- NOS Matrix understanding category 4. Scientific models, laws, mechanisms, and theories explain natural phenomena.
- NOS Matrix understanding category 6. Scientific knowledge assumes an order and consistency in natural systems.
There are currently no teaching tips for this resource.