- UC Museum of Paleontology
- Classroom activity
Time: One class period
In this lesson, students find pictures of living things and arrange them in collages, categorizing them according to which they think are more closely related to which.
- [Evidence of evolution: Grades 3-5] There are similarities and differences among fossils and living organisms. (LS4.A)
- [Nature of science: Grades 3-5] Science deals with the natural world and natural explanations. (NOS8)
- [Nature of science: Grades 3-5] Scientists base their ideas on evidence from the natural world. (P3, P6, P7, NOS8)
- [Studying evolution: Grades 3-5] Scientists study living things and how they are related.
- Disciplinary Core Idea LS4.A: Evidence of Common Ancestry and Diversity
- NOS Matrix understanding category 8. Science addresses questions about the natural and material world.
- Science and Engineering Practice 6. Constructing explanations and designing solutions
- Science and Engineering Practice 7. Engaging in argument from evidence