- UC Museum of Paleontology
- Classroom activity
Time: 50-60 minutes
Students observe brine shrimp eggs, create an appropriate environment for their survival, and observe their growth.
- [Nature of science: Grades 3-5] Scientists base their ideas on evidence from the natural world. (P3, P6, P7, NOS8)
- NOS Matrix understanding category 8. Science addresses questions about the natural and material world.
- Science and Engineering Practice 6. Constructing explanations and designing solutions
- Science and Engineering Practice 7. Engaging in argument from evidence
Brine shrimp tend to be fairly resilient to varying conditions, however it is important to keep shrimp in a fairly warm location. (Note: Room temperature is acceptable, however, warmer temperature may promote faster growth.)