by the Understanding Evolution team
This toolkit has been developed by and for museum professionals, to share best practices in using evolutionary trees in public exhibitions. Use it to guide graphic design and content selection, as well as to clarify your learning goals. Get started by answering the following questions and exploring the pages below:
- Should I use a tree?
- What do I want people to learn from my trees?
- What should I consider when designing trees for different audiences?
- How do I find existing trees?
- What taxa should I include on my tree?
- How should I handle scientific uncertainty?
- Should I include characters/traits on my tree?
- How can I design my tree to be accessible and understandable?
- How should I integrate my tree into the exhibit?
- How can I evaluate and improve my trees?